Sunday, January 9, 2011

Re-Calculating!

I love the Allstate commercial, GPS re-calculating!  Also the one that the GPS says, "Stomp hard on the brakes, right now!  That is so typical!  How funny!

I have had some navigator issues myself and I really love it when it says something like, you are going the wrong way, you missed your turn or I told you to veer right!  Priceless!  Re-calculating!

I remember when On-Star was brand new and my co-workers and I were traveling all the time.  One of my friends flew into Chicago and got her rent car.  As she was now driving to her final destination, she was checking out all the goodies in her upgraded rental, we were platinum everything, the perks were good. 

Pushing buttons and trying out things, she hit the onstar button, not knowing what it was.  I am already laughing... She said, out of nowhere came a lady's voice: "Hello, this is Laura, can I help you?"  She was seriously perplexed and actually looked around in her vehicle to see if someone was in there with her.  LOL.  She answered:  "No, who are you?"  When she told me I laughed at her so hard!

Speaking of platinum everything and rental cars, I arrived very late, like 1am in Hartford.  There were NO rental cars at all, I was a preferred person and I had a reservation, so they worked very hard to find me a car.  I ended up with one of the employee's pimped out, racing striped, 5 speed Mustang.  Bright yellow with black stripes and a trigger accelerator.  Quite the experience!  I rocked the roads for days!

No comments: