Thursday, January 27, 2011

OH The Football Humanity...!

I have been in black mourning the Boys not being in the playoffs.  I have also adopted the Steelers in the playoffs in the absence of the Boys...  But when I saw the news tonight and they showed them painting the Steelers, our all time rival!, on the Cowboys football field with Packers on the other end, it was quite the mood changer!

Hold on, having a moment here...

Ok, I think I'm ok now.  What a wake up call!  If it affects me this way, the Cowboys are probably really feeling the loss!  I hope so!  WAKE UP BOYS!  We will see next year.

In all the hub bub going on in my town and in Arlington and Dallas, the hype, the excitement, the changing of our towns getting ready, it kind of masks for just a few minutes, the loss of us not being in this superbowl game.  Oh the pain of it all... (pulling the black veil back down over my face).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Bev, I am not really a big cowboys fan but I did have higher hopes for them! Good thing is, my Steelers are coming and they are going to "steal the victory".....sorry for the pun, sh

Moody said...

NP Sh! your steelers are staying downtown FW, you should come down and we will go downtown and catch a peek!

Deborah said...

I agree about removing the blue and replacing it with Packers/Steelers colors - I felt kinda like I had been stabbed ...just for a moment. Oh well, just think about all the money we are going to take from their fans while they are here:) It's gonna be wild and crazy for the next couple of weeks!