Friday, January 14, 2011

Bag "O" Heads

I moved into my house not knowing the prior tenants.  All is good, but because of a house we called haunted years ago, I always wonder what is in the attic!

I had a telephone line issue a few months ago and had to call the telephone man.  T-man came and ultimately had to go into the attic.  Not having my ladder, he brought his own.  When he went into the attic, I asked him to look around while he was up there and tell me what he saw.  He agreed.

So me standing at the foot of his ladder, he started reporting down to me.  Just a couple of things up there out of the ordinary.  First a very large aquarium, like 3x6.  It was empty of course, thank goodness.  We discussed it must have been used for a reptile of some kind.

Then to my surprise, he started to describe the second item.  There is a big black trash bag, tied closed.  I said something like really?  Not trash I hope.  He said I am not going to open it but it feels like a bag of heads.  (I am so laughing right now.)  I am like, "not real ones of course, right?"  He said I doubt it, but I feel eyes, noses, lips, etc.  My curiosity is more than peaked, so I go up ladder and take a look.  I see a trash bag closed up and it does have like rounded like bumps around it.  We discussed it and believed they were not skulls!  Too rounded.

T-man is now in the back of the attic doing his job.  I decided to wait on the pursuit of finding out what kind of heads.  I am thinking he is not interested in helping me and I am not going to open a bag of heads when I am alone.  Even though I am thinking something like styrofoam or maybe he is mistaken. 

It was very hot up there and T-man was melting, so he came down closed up the attic and went on his way.  My thought was I will have my son come with his ladder and we will investigate.  And no I am not afraid of living with a strange bag of heads in my attic, what is wrong with me!

Time passed and most of the time, I forget about the heads in the attic.  Most of the time.  But with my friends and family it pops up often in a conversation and is quite the fun and strange topic.  All of those without a ladder want me to hurry up and find out what it is.

A good while later, Trish, my bud was at my house when the AC man came to fix the air conditioner.  So, we could not help ourselves, we asked the AC man to hand down the bag of heads.  He was perplexed but did it anyway.

It wasn't heavy, I carried the bag outside to the porch.  Didn't want to open curious, strange, don't know what is inside, bag in the house!  As I was tearing the bag, I immediately saw and felt hair, ewwww.  Then I started seeing heads.  Deep breath.  I very quickly saw fake faces, like mannequins, but softer.  Even though I knew what they were, as I was digging down to see more and how many, as I saw the top of a new head I had this strange feeling inside.  Like what if one of them turns up real!

There were about 10 heads in the bag, each one different and complete down to the neck.  With different hair styles.  We believe they were used in a hair salon and if I am not mistaken they had real hair on them.  What a trip!  We had a photo op!  The one on the ledge was taken by a cel phone and it is kind of blurry but you get the drift!  (Trish now sees that pic every time I call her)


 I do not know what I am going to do with the bag "O" heads, but thinking of re gifting or Halloween, the possibilities are endless!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh, that is so bizarre!! Love it.