Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Italian Sauce Nazi!!!!

Well like the soup nazi on Seinfeld, I now have now seen, heard and been the target of the Angry Italian Sauce Nazi!

Wow!  I have never!   Hahahaha and I mean that!  My friend Carra and I went to grab a bite to eat.  We went to a place we have gone to many times before and love their food.  It is call Joe's Italian something, I don't think it is the Joe's chain but maybe it is.  Again, I have been before and it is good.  It is a small place and there may not have been any other customers maybe one table, now I see why!

We ordered what we normally do, I ordered clams and linguine and Carra ordered the shrimp scampi dish.  She does not like the white creamy sauce, so she asked for butter and garlic instead.

When we got our meal, the sauces (not butter and garlic) were something a little greenish yellow and thickish like campbells chicken soup before you add the water.  And worse than that it tasted like a vegetable gravy that was scorched just a tad.  No garlic flavor at all.  It was weird and kind of lumpy creamy.  I have never seen such.  Italian or otherwise.

We tried, we took a few bites and no, wasn't going to happen.  So I do something I can't remember ever doing.  I told Carra "I can't eat it, I am going to send it back ok?"  She agreed.  So we called the server girl over (she has served us many times before) and told her the sauce wasn't good really and we couldn't eat it.  We didn't ask for replacement but she asked if so what did we want.  I didn't really notice at first but she was apprehensive and Carra heard her say something about the person in the back, like she was kind of not looking forward to telling him.

She knew us and she knew we liked eating there.  But what happened next so surprised us, we have been in a state of shock and awe for the past couple of hours.

The cook/owner whatever he was came out front to our table, wanting an explanation and he quickly went from inquiring to griping.  He was focused on Carra and I tried to say something and basically he put his hand up and said, with no kindness at all, for me to stop talking, he was talking to her.  I was a bit surprised, I stopped talking and listened to him start to really tell her what he thought.  He had been there for 3 years and no one has ever complained!!!!  Hahahaha oh my gosh, so weird.

We tried several times calmly to let him know we have been coming longer than 3 years and we like the place, but he wasn't having it.  We were not to speak!  He started yelling at us and it went from chewing on Carra to yelling at her and yelled if we didn't like it to leave and swung his arms towards the door. 

Carra shot up out of her chair and in one split second she was standing in front of the door.  She said something like I am leaving and I will never eat here again.  And she will tell all her friends not to ever come here!

I am still in shock!  But I am up and quickly gathering my stuff!  Wishing I was already at the door too!  By the time I got there, he was yelling that we had given the waitress a hard time and now we were giving him one!!  OK that ticked me off, I proceeded to try to rebut that and adamantly say we had not given the girl a hard time, we like her!  And we didn't have time to give him a hard time... but he was still yelling at Carra, "you will pay for your food first!"  Whoa dude - calm down!  Forget the food and the restaurant, you have serious anger issues!

I am thinking no, no Carra! as she was sprinting to the cashier and the mean guy was practically stomp running to the back!  No Carra don't pay!  I did not go to the cashier.  The two young people, the girl and a guy were practically whispering they were sorry like they were afraid of him.

So we walked out the door in serious disbelief and Carra had not been treated that way since her ex-husband many many years ago.  So we were in shock.  It was like the twilight zone, I got to thinking where are the cameras, maybe we got punked!  I was perplexed and laughing because it was just so bizarre!

There was an IHOP nearby and we stopped and went in and mulled, laughed and continued with our shock and disbelief.  What just happened?  Well what a night!  That guy was nerved out, mean, yelling at customers and seriously needed some prozac!

Some kind of experience we won't soon forget, after a bit we just laughed about our new memory, while still being completely bumfuzzled.

So People!  Keep making memories!  Good, Bad And Bizarre!  Watch out for the Angry Italian Sauce Nazi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evil was his name!! LOL

Moody said...

Yes it was!!! :)