Sunday, May 1, 2011

God Bless Them All

I cannot help but continue to think about those towns and communities that were ravaged by the many tornadoes the other day.  I pray for all those that have lost family and loved ones.

I think of how excited I am for my upcoming vacation and then see the reports on the news and see the completely destroyed  areas.  My heart is saddened.  I know that there have been times in the long past of such tornado devastation but this is the worst I have seen.  So many areas at one time flattened completely.  My heart goes out to them. 

One of my friends like many has lost her job just recently.  Friday she left Texas with a donated van, donated trailer and many donated items, chain saws just to start.  I am so proud of her and just a tad jealous.  What a great thing and probably a sad thing, to be able to go and help support the many who are not only devastated by the loss of their homes and businesses, but also loss of loved ones.

I heard this morning that we will probably see tent cities rise up out of the rubble.  I thought about it and from what I have seen, there are complete towns structurally gone.

I also thought about all the jobs that these people went to everyday, in some places the businesses are gone also, there is no job to go to!  What an abrupt shock to normal life.

So God Bless them all.  The victims, their families, the workers and all those that are there and on their way there to support them.  Tragedy does always bring out the best in people, and from what I have seen, this one is no different.  God Bless them all, very much.

Keep them in your thoughts and prayers people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sista Beva sh

Moody said...

Thanks Sh!