Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Twitter Yet?

@tweeteryet?

So I thought I would try twittering or should I say tweeting!   You know what is all the hub bub about!?

I went to twitter.com and made myself a profile.  Then it asked me who would you like to follow?  So I proceeded to look up a few well known people.  Then I sat and looked at the screen.  I saw a couple of "tweets" show up.  Ok there we go I am following some people on twitter!

Now what?  So I did as I usually do when I want to know something, I googled.  I googled How do I Tweet?  And there you go, I got Twitter 101.  How cool is that?

I read what I could and then I proceeded to use the tips and tricks and how-to's I had just learned.  Well when I returned I had a follower!!!  Have no idea who he was but he decided to follow me!

I was watching the Coca Cola 600 at the time so I decided to add some nascar people.  Jr didn't have an account himself, but I added Jrmotorsports, I added Kyle Petty and Kenny Wallace and a couple of others.  So I watched them tweeting away during the race. 

As I had come to realize on FB, if I have DVR'd something I have to be careful not to let someone spoil it for me!  But I was on time at a point in that crazy, insane, amazing and nerve racking race - I was totally into their tweets!  Once or twice I replied and "retweeted".  They were answering some tweets but never mine.

I added other people also, like 25 or so.  I read many of Kirstie's tweets and Piers Morgan, I like his CNN gig.  But I forgot about the Americas got talent stuff and tonight's show has taken over the tweets, again DVR!  Have I ever mentioned I do not like magic acts, at all?  And I am getting tired of the dancers with hoods and masks... just saying.  And I am not the person who likes all the bad, horrible, disgusting and just plain embarrassing terrible acts.  So I DVR and stop at the truly talented, like the brit woman and the 7 year old opera singer girl, etc...

So I am thinking what is the deal with tweeting?  I can see stuff going on, heads up on several sports things to come - shoot!  I need to add some maverick tweeters for tonight!  I found that you have to look for the "verified accounts" and "Official..." to avoid the fakers!

Some of them you can totally tell it is them and it is real, they are actually answering the questions like a normal human being.  I ran across some that were or seemed "canned" which made them sound more like advertisements.  I delete them if so, don't have time for more commercials!!!  Did I tell you I now have 2 followers???  Wow, wonder why.  So from time to time, I tweet my thoughts or opinions about something or I tweet my blogsite!

So is tweeting worth the time, not so far, I will keep investigating and trying new things and we will see.

I believe unless you have a purpose or lots of "fans" which I don't, you are mostly the follower, not the "followed."  So I don't tweet as much as I read tweets, so nothing really to follow!  YET!

So there you go all about my Tweet experience ... so far ... I will let you know if I graduate to more!  If you have an account, post a comment here and tell me what it is and I will come check it out and be a follower!!!  Mine is @moody2011bi

Happy Tweeting People!  Or not...

No comments: