Thursday, April 28, 2011

Storm Concerns

This fantastic photo is of one of the many this week in Texas.

I just wanted to post that my prayers and concerns are with all who have been devastated by the swath of tornadoes that have been rushing across the country.  It has been days of storms and tornadoes here in Texas and across the country.  My last heard count was about 17 tornadoes, maybe more, since Sunday in Texas alone.

My son watched one going by his work area and my daughter and family spent the better part of the evening in the bathtub a couple of nights ago.  Thank the Lord, I do not believe there was one loss of life here in Texas.  A friend of mine, texted a pic of the first one near her work just before they were sent for cover.

But in other states that was not the case.  My viewing of the news and the monster tornado that hit Tuscaloosa was sad.  That town was nearly destroyed.  My prayers are with them.

I watched last night as FB was filled with concerns for families by my friends and myself in other states.  One story was of a family member already helping to pull victims from debris.  One of my friends is working in Mississippi and is ok.  This is her second time in the week to be near harm's way.

We in Texas and surrounding states know that this is tornado season and we expect the storms, but obviously this particular week has had "super cells" which are somewhat rare.  Watching as these storms popped up all over the place at the same time with little warning, I was awed.  There were so many tornadoes covering vast areas at the same time, it was quite astonishing and worrisome.

I am glad for all those who are ok and prayerful for those who have lost loved ones and homes.

This morning there are still warnings out there in states in the east.

No comments: