Monday, May 28, 2012

War Horse



I watched War Horse, appropriate for this Memorial Day.  It was set in WWI.
It reminded me how long ago and how non-technical that war was.  Although it had some good effects, it did not get graphic on the war parts, so kiddos are ok to see it.  In fact this is a great family movie.

Great horse, best actor in the movie.  I was nervous and excited and perplexed and nervous again.  There were sad parts and maybe because I was multi-tasking, I didn't cry like several had told me they did, although I felt like it a few times.  But let me say this, I have not given away any plot to War Horse.

I love movies with great trained horses, maybe because I was raised around them.  They are beautiful things God made.  When they are spirited as this one was, it makes them even more so.  There were other horses in this movie, a big black one played a big part in this movie.



The movie was a little slow in parts, but it was telling a story.  There were times when I had a hard time sitting still, it made me nervous.  It had some really good characters in it, makes sense in war times, they popped in and out quickly as the horse moved through different places in this war.

This is a really good movie, a family movie.  Really good cinematography, Spielberg of course!  I think, I/we have gotten so used to the blockbuster action packed films, that a smooth family movie as this one deserves a good watch.

Although the actors were not huge names, they were very good actors, here and there all the way through.  The young man did a great job, totally believable.  Others too many to mention, but excellent characters written into the film.

So watch it, watch with your kids or watch it alone as I did while I was fb'ing with friends who had seen it before me.

Now I am on to Hatfields and McCoys, chocked full of bigger names and as I can see so far, not for the kiddos!


Be Happy People!  Take a load off and watch a good flic!

No comments: