Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Awful Truth - H&McCs

Ok The End!

Wow that was hard to watch knowing it was a true story, how awful for all of them.
How awful were some of them!!!  Some were very cruel and without conscience.  Thank goodness for some who did, but their hatred was bred almost completely through them all.
(trying not to speak details for those who may not have watched yet)

I take back that 3 nights would not be enough - I'm done.  I don't take back the writing, the acting and the the images of the countryside.  It was all great.

But as many times when you are watching a period of history, you put yourself there, or at least I do.  I imagine the air, the smells and the feelings at that time.  And this one, not near at the top of the list of horrible, is still a hard, hard, sad set of events.

I was hoping for and grateful for the real life information at the end of the show.  Very interesting.  Very hard life they led, obviously a lot brought on by their hatred and inability to co-exist.  And quite ironic that they hated each other so much and the note at the end said that it brought about the fact that their names were forever bonded together, so much so, that you cannot say one without thinking or saying the other.

So whew!  That was good and one thing it did for me was to re-kindle my love for history.  The show is done but I find myself wanting to research the history of it all, including the facts surrounding the truce signed by descendants just 9 years ago.

So as a start I looked up some real photographs...

Devil Anse Hatfield


His grave site, the statue was done by someone in Italy (look at that country)



Randolf Randall McCoy


It is weird after watching that to say "Be Happy People" but....

BE HAPPY PEOPLE!

No comments: