Sunday, March 20, 2011

Alice, Depp And Burton...

Yep I liked it!
It wasn't a movie I was dying to see, but finally saw it.
Very Tim Burton-esque!
Burton and Depp, well, what a duo.
Not for little kiddos, but middle kiddos, yes.
Kept my attention and always love the wit.  Depp never ceases with the wit. I love the cast, perfect!
I like that they eluded to her coming there since she was a child and that she used to call it Wonderland.  It wasn't the old story but it built from the old story and I liked how they did it. 
And you can not do better than Johnny Depp as the Hatter.  Insanely great job!  I felt so for him as you felt he wanted Alice to stay with him.  The consistent comments about her size all along the way was just right.  He gave great humor and just the right nuances of real world quips as always the case.
As usual - outstanding job!


Mia Wasikowska was a good Alice too, very believable acting in the midst of an unbelievable story.  Plain and pretty at the same time.  Just the right temperament for her role.

I did not research before I watched it and I was constantly and pleasantly surprised with discovering the cast, even the voices of the animated members.
Blue Caterpillar - my favorite villain from Robin Hood and Die Hard - Alan Rickman
I was very happy to see Crispin Glover from Back To The Future!
Love him.  He was a bit reminiscent of Depp in Edward Scissorhands.

I had to look it up but Bayard was Timothy Spall, I knew I recognized the voice but couldn't place it.
I always love Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter!  Helena was a hoot.
Cheshire - Stephen Fry from Bones.
Entertaining and very well done.
Even though Alice In Wonderland is a crazy story, they didn't go off the deep end with too much chaos.

Be Happy people, watch a fun fairy tale movie every once in awhile, just to level out the reality.

I saw 127 Hours too, will talk about that later...

No comments: