Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super Bowl, The Cowboy Way!

Is This Sweet Or What?  The hand made Super Bowl Saddles.


Can you imagine having this saddle?  How sweet it would be for one of those conchos to be for the Dallas Cowboys?  I would want a belt made with them!


Only 2 handmade by Leddy's Boots and Saddlery crafter, (here in Fort Worth since 1941 but started in 1922.  I can remember shopping there with my family when I was a child.)  One for Steeler's, one for Packers.  I got the pic below from the Chicago Sun Times newspaper.

Saddles, buckles and other hand crafted silver items are often used as trophies for rodeos, horse shows and futurities.



Amazing!  What a significant representation for Texas!
There are super bowl cowboy boots, hats and belts made with the emblem that can be purchased.  They are all hand made and takes 100s of hours each.

When I was a little kid, my mom used to tool leather for belts.  Putting the design in the leather, carving with tiny leather tools, she was good at it.  The tack room in a barn was common play area in my life and I love that smell of leather.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a pair of HandMade Boots from Lusky. Thanks for the memory.