Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sick And Tired And Cold And Maid Is Fired! Also Soup And Egypt...

I had to get it all in one, I plan to sleep through tonight and tomorrow!  No time to fiddle around with a title!

I am kidding, I don't have a maid, but if I did she would be fired.  She did not clean my house or make me supper!  Would that be a maid or a wife? hmmm.... I used to be one of those...

Here is a pic of CT from a friend of mine, this is his deck off of his house, not the landscape.  I told him we just had about 2 inches of ice, that's all.



I am sick and have been Nyquil'd out all day to keep from coughing, which feels like I have multiple broken ribs.  Or to stop the pain of the huge headache I get when I am conscious!

Problem with all this is that it is a frozen world out there today!  And yesterday.  My doc's office was not open today.  Friends are slipping and sliding away or sitting at home by the fires!  Unless you are all electric and you are getting hit with rolling blackouts!

Now I am hearing what is worse to me, natural gas may be doing this too.  OMG, that could cause all kinds of problems, dangerous problems, like the pilot light won't come back on when gas does!  I am so tired.  Just so tired of thinking about all of this.

The only reason I am not in bed right now is because I am waiting on soup.  Must have nourishment and liquids right? and I am a little stupid because I didn't know I was going to get sick and bought the stuff to make soup, not the can I could have opened and had eaten by now :(  So chicken noodle bean soup with jalapenos.  Jalapenos can cure anything I believe, right!  This soup tonight is just heat the chicken and throw stuff from the cabinet into the pot!  I got tired after noodles and beans...  so there it is.

Let's put him in a pot!  (one of my favorite movie lines, Cold Mountain, Renee Z)  Love that movie!

Sidenote:  I am so engrossed in the Egypt news, it is necessary I know.  I have been watching when I am not asleep, for days, but there was a fire in the museum!  More than 5000 years of history, oh no...  Hope they protect it better during all of this!  I made friends with an Egyptian guy when I worked in Montreal.  He had to leave his country and he told me a lot of things, so maybe they will get their country back.

Stay well people, stay warm, stay off the roads and be happy!

No comments: