Sunday, December 15, 2013

Loss - Ugh! Somebody Needs A Hug!

I have experienced a lot of loss this past year and yes - UGH!

But very important to me is the realization, in the storm of it all, is that so do a lot of people.  I, and my family, are just single grains of sand in all the beaches in all the world.  There are so many others that have losses, huge tragic losses and some with seemingly small losses or needs which just plain feel like big ones.  So this is life.  I don't know why.  I won't even try to explain it or understand it, it would drive me crazy.  My great realization is acceptance of it all.  I have spoken before of going to God with all the hard questions, not getting or expecting all the answers.  So acceptance is key for me.

I have in my blogging life almost always ended with be happy people!  Sometimes it is so hard hearing that or doing that, it seems like empty words or nails on a chalkboard I am sure.  But through prayer and grieving and messing up and even blowing it in a couple of cases, I have been given peace about it all.  Did my world get all rosy and peachy perfect, not at all.  I, like millions of others, am still in the middle of it, and I am not alone.  Do I still break or bend under the pressure of it all, yes I do.  But I know that I know that I know, God is in control and I trust Him.  Wait for it... He sends someone or something, even if it is just a thought, that lifts the heart.

It is Christmas time and I love, love, love Christmas time.  This year it is marred a little by losses.  But I am bound and determined to, although different, enjoy and be thankful for it!  Life really does go on and I accept that.

I asked my daughter how she wanted Christmas to go this year... she said "I just want to bake a cake and sing happy birthday Jesus."  Okay, I am good with that!

Overall, God has blessed me and He has been doing it all my life.  Bad things happen to all people, then good things happen to people.  Life, yep.  We gotta stick together people!  Pray for somebody, say Hi to somebody, help somebody, hug somebody.  Somebody needs a hug people and they think there is not one coming!

Once again, I choose Happy!  Be Happy People and think outside the box.  Do one big or tiny thing to help someone else be happy too, it will make you smile.



No comments: